Strain engineer (Molecular Biology / Wet lab)
SilicoLife designs optimized microorganisms and novel pathways for industrial biotechnology applications, based on computational metabolic engineering and synthetic biology approaches.
AI + Biology for sustainable ingredients
Join SilicoLife, a cutting-edge biotechnology company on a mission to harness the power of computational biology to sustainably produce valuable compounds through fermentation. With over a decade of expertise and proprietary technologies, SilicoLife has been at the forefront of biotechnology innovation and is now poised to become a product-focused company in the high-growth supplements market (we received a Series A investment of 9.8 million euros).
We are seeking a highly motivated person with a committed personality for a position of Strain Engineer in our wet lab. The selected candidate will perform wet lab activities in cell factory design and implementation projects, including strain and pathway design, DNA/strain construction, evaluation of strain performance, and pathway optimization and troubleshooting in E. coli and S. cerevisiae. In this position you will play a critical role in shaping the future of biotechnology and help bring our cutting-edge technology to market.
What’s the job?
- Work as part of our strain engineering team to deliver high-quality results in cell factory design and implementation projects
- Genetic design and implement strain engineering strategies to optimize production of target chemicals
- Develop and implement cutting-edge molecular biology techniques to engineer strains and pathways
- Develop of enzymes with higher catalytic performance
- Develop suitable cultivation conditions and analytical methods to assess the performance of the engineered strains
- Ensure timely and efficient completion of projects while delivering exceptional results
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including computer science, artificial intelligence, bioinformatics, systems biology, molecular biology, and bioprocess engineering, to achieve project goals
- Communicate project status, results, and technical information to senior leadership and stakeholders
- Stay abreast of new technologies and methodologies to continuously improve the company’s processes and products
- Prepare technical documentation used internally and externally to provide both summary and detailed technical information
- Different seniority levels can be considered
- Ph.D. in Biological engineering, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline
- Experience in strain engineering in E. coli and/or S. cerevisiae (experience with other microorganisms is a plus)
- Strong background in molecular biology and bioprocess engineering
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to find creative solutions to new problems as they arise, and to stay abreast of new technologies and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills at a level consistent with professional communications
- Skills in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology technologies are a plus
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance and flexible benefits
- Opportunity to work with a world-class team of experts in computer science, artificial intelligence, bioinformatics, systems biology, molecular biology, and bioprocess engineering
- Work/life balance with a flexible schedule and two extra vacation days over the 22 legally mandated
- Exciting projects that combine world-class science with disruptive business models to create sustainable and economically viable solutions addressing global challenges
- Company retreats, internal talks
- An inclusive and supportive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion and provides equal opportunities for all employees
Join SilicoLife and be part of something extraordinary. Help us bring our cutting-edge technology to market and make a positive impact in the world.
SilicoLife is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We are dedicated to creating a workplace culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion and provides equal opportunities for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit silicolife.recruitee.com.