Local Trial Manager
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney diseases, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are!
At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do, which is the key for us to becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together by researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Local Trial Manager (LTM) – Remote position
What You Will Do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be the primary point of contact to lead, manage and co-ordinate the conduct of clinical trials from study start-up to close out (CSR/Archival) at a country level in accordance with ICH-GCP and other applicable local regulations. You will maintain the quality and scientific integrity of clinical trials at a local/country level and actively collaborate with cross functional internal and external partners to ensure timely delivery, budget execution of clinical trial results within the local country.
- Partner with global and local country teams to provide high level country strategy and actively drive study progress and local/country level study delivery
- Planning, management and oversight of clinical study execution in accordance with the global program strategy, through leadership with engagement of the cross-functional Local Study Team
- Communicate country status (including timelines and deliverables) to key partners including updates to relevant systems for transparency
- Provides country level input into the Country Operational Plan and partners with the Development Feasibility Manager through feasibility and with the Global Clinical Managers to ensure local delivery of the study
- Support internal audit and inspection activities and contribute to CAPAs, including leading resolution of issues when appropriate e.g., vendor management
- Assign and lead all aspects of deliverables of study support staff and continually review country level risk mitigation to ensure study delivers to plan
What We Expect Of You
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Trial Manager with these qualifications:
- Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience OR
- Advanced knowledge of global clinical trial management
- Fluency in Portuguese and business English
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of leading local/regional or global teams
- Minimum 2-3 years’ clinical trial project management experience
- 7 years’ work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including 4 years of biopharmaceutical clinical research experience obtained working on clinical trials in a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company
- Experience in management and oversight of external vendors (e.g., CROs, central labs, imaging vendors, etc.)
- Country expert with proven project management experience locally
- Ability to build strong site relationships as well as other local relationships to ensure end to end study delivery is met
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney diseases, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
To apply for this job please visit careers.amgen.com.