SilicoLife designs optimized microorganisms and novel pathways for industrial biotechnology applications, based on computational metabolic engineering and synthetic biology approaches.
AI + Biology for sustainable ingredients
SilicoLife is a biotechnology company that harnesses the power of computational biology to sustainably produce valuable compounds through fermentation. Our proprietary technologies and expertise have been utilized by top companies in various industries for over a decade, as well as in research and development projects.
Recently, we received a Series A investment of 9.8 million euros, which will enable us to shift towards becoming a product-focused company. We will now exclusively use our technology and knowledge to create internal intellectual property and products for the high-growth supplements market.
Be part of something extraordinary and join us in our quest.
What’s the job?
SilicoLife is seeking a highly motivated person with a committed personality for a position of Software Developer. The Software Developer will help design and implement front-end solutions for a wide variety of use cases and applications.
This position is also expected to help in the development, testing and integration of the software stack, consisting of new or existing software components from the company and partners, on top of the architected infrastructure.
The candidate’s skills and qualifications will ideally include:
BSc or MSc level in computer science or related disciplines
Consolidated knowledge in designing and implementing front-end applications using React.js
Familiar with typed languages (e.g. TypeScript)
Knowledge on architectural and design concepts, such as, routing and state management
Experience working with RESTful APIs
Enthusiastic and innovative
Team player with strong interaction skills
Good communication capabilities
Nice to haves
Experience with relational databases
Previous experience in Java projects
Spring / Spring boot experience
Good knowledge of English language
You will work in close cooperation with the head of development of the corresponding project and her/his duties involve the following:
Development of responsive web-based UI of new or existing software of significant complexity involving the local and partner agile teams
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance and flexible benefits
- Opportunity to work with a world-class team of experts in computer science, artificial intelligence, bioinformatics, systems biology, molecular biology, and bioprocess engineering
- Work/life balance with a flexible schedule and two extra vacation days over the 22 legally mandated
- Exciting projects that combine world-class science with disruptive business models to create sustainable and economically viable solutions addressing global challenges
- Company retreats, internal talks
- An inclusive and supportive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion and provides equal opportunities for all employees
Join SilicoLife and be part of something extraordinary. Help us bring our cutting-edge technology to market and make a positive impact in the world.
SilicoLife is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We are dedicated to creating a workplace culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion and provides equal opportunities for all employees.m
To apply for this job please visit silicolife.recruitee.com.