Disease Area Advisor/ Medical Scientific Liaison NORTH
Better Health, Brighter Future
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda’s mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Disease Area Advisor/ MSL Transplant & PDT in Porto, Portugal.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 50,000 professionals working together across more than 80 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values ofTakeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 240-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine in rare diseases.
As a Disease Area Advisor/ MSL working on the Medical Team, you will be empowered to provide local country field-based support for medical plan implementation.
- Identification and development of strong sustainable peer to peer relationships with external stakeholders to support the medical/scientific credibility of the company
- Continuously screening, reviewing and analysing scientific literature
- Generation of summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to support Takeda in a given therapy area e.g. by providing accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and reactive unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs
- Proactively identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders in order to understand their needs, present medical data in the most efficient way
- Participate in the execution of the medical plan by supporting the implementation of projects such as: advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities
- Support reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market Access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda medical plan and medical leadership
- Support on-going and future company sponsored studies
- Provide clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Facilitate unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development
- Share in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions
- Support core license to operate activities with scientific expertise such us pharmacovigilance and quality
Education, skills and experience:
- University degree in Life Sciences (mandatory)
- PhD or Master’s Degree in a life sceince area (Desirable)
- 1 – 2 years experience in pharmaceutical industry (Desirable)
- Experience with therapies in Transplant and/ or Plasma Derived Therapies (Desirable)
- MSL experience (Desirable)
- Clinical trials experience and good understanding of clinical trial data and study design (Desirable)
- Experience in working with scientific and clinical experts at all levels in both 1:1 and group settings (Desirable)
- Fluent written and spoken English (mandatory)
- Ability to work at a high scientific and clinical level to ensure quality peer-to-peer engagement with external stakeholders
- Clear and concise presentation of clinical data, including discussion of statistical and clinical relevance in line with key messages
- Autonomous, in-field work whilst contributing to central Medical Affairs
- Ability to handle travelling and multi-priorities
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
To apply for this job please visit jobs.takeda.com.